"So much more than just a standard dive computer"
The Garmin Descent is a premium, full-featured, watch-style dive computer with surface GPS, bright 30.5 mm (1.2") colour display, built-in TOPO mapping, three axis compass, altimeter and multisport features.
Whether you dive with or without cylinders, in saltwater or fresh water, breathing air, nitrox, trimix or holding your breath — the Garmin Descent Mk1 is the intuitive, do-it-all dive computer you've been waiting for.
Premium Materials, Elegant Style:
Crafted of premium grade materials, the Garmin Descent Mk1 dive computer is available in 2 distinctive styles: a stainless-steel bezel with treated silicone watch band, or a deluxe DLC-coated titanium bezel version with brushed DLC titanium bracelet.
Breathe Easier, Dive Better
Providing easy-to-access features for a range of diving activities — including the ability to plan dives on the device for recreational, technical and free diving — the Garmin Descent Mk1 provides all the key, real-time data you need for a confident dive. The computer is automatically activated when you hit the water, showing your current depth, dive time, water temperature, ascent/descent rate, no-deco time, decompression stop information, battery life and more on the unit's crisp colour display.
You can set the audible tone and vibration alarms to provide reminders at critical points in your dive. And up to 6 different gas mixes are supported, including air, nitrox and trimix (up to 100% oxygen). Configurable conservatism settings let you adjust your personal safety limits.
Select from multiple dive operating modes: single-gas, multi gas, gauge, apnea and apnea hunt (for spearfishing). High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver provides surface navigation and automatically marks your dive entry and exit points. Displays depth, dive time, temperature, NDL/TTS, ascent/descent rates, gas mix, PO2, N2 loading, decompression stop information and more.
Multiple Navigation Sensors
In addition to its high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking for map-based surface navigation, the Garmin Descent Mk1 also provides a full array of ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities for topside navigation. And the easy-to-read compass display is available for underwater use as well. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data, while the tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not. For quick access to the compass display, a handy 'tap to compass' feature lets you simply double-tap the screen instead of pushing the function buttons.
Wrist-based Heart Rate
The Descent Mk1 dive computer uses Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology to optically scan your pulse (when worn in contact with your skin, not over a wetsuit or dry suit). The dive computer tracks your exertion levels and uploads your heart rate data automatically to your Garmin Connect online account for post-dive review and analysis. It gives heart rate monitoring without a chest strap. (Note: heart rate information not stored or displayed during dive activity.)
Advanced Multisport Watch Features
Beyond its full range of dive computer functions, the Garmin Descent Mk1 also offers a complete feature set of sports/training, fitness and outdoor navigation tools, leveraged from our popular fenix line of high-end multisport watches. You can tap into an array of physiological metrics, running dynamics, fitness tracking features and more — to monitor your workout stats, measure your progress and help avoid injury. Special preloaded activity profiles are provided for swimming, running, biking, hiking, skiing, rowing, paddle boarding and more. Various timekeeping, lap counts and map tracking functions are easily accessible. Plus, for added motivation, you can even download advanced workouts and training plans to your device from Garmin Connect.
The Garmin Descent MK1 allows for custom settings to match your experience level, overall fitness and personal safety limits. Auto dive log lets you store and review data from up to 10,000 dives and share online via Garmin Connectˆ online community and its included mobile app. Includes multiple preloaded activity profiles for all your sports and adventures, including swim, run, bike, ski, row, paddle board and more. The internal lithium-ion battery performance: up to 19 days in watch mode, 10 days in smartwatch mode, 40 hours in dive mode and 20 hours in GPS mode (depending on settings).
Personalise the Garmin Descent Mk1 with free downloads from Garmin Connect IQ store. You can customise your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets to provide information at a glance. For your safety, Connect IQ functions are not available while diving, so we can ensure that all dive capabilities are functioning as they were designed. See a complete picture of your activities. Connected devices allow for instant uploads to the Garmin Connect Mobile app so you can review and share even before you return to civilisation.
When paired with your compatible smartphone, the Garmin Descent Mk1 makes it easy to receive text messages, emails and smart notifications right on your watch face. It also gives you access to automatic uploads with Garmin Connect, audio prompts, music controls and more. While you're topside, friends and family members can follow your location and adventures online, in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. Or you can use GroupTrack and your map display to keep tabs on your activity-sharing buddies as you go.
The Face It watch face app lets you customise your watch face with any photo from your mobile device. Download the free app, choose an image from your photo library, add the time and set it as your watch's face. Whether it's a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, the Face It app lets you add personality to your watch that's uniquely you.
Charge It Up, Change It Up
Between charges, you can count on up to 40 hours of battery life in dive mode, up to 19 days in watch mode, up to 10 days in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode (all depending on settings). QuickFit™ bands let you tailor your wrist-worn style for any daily activity or special occasion — no tools required. And for diving, longer QuickFit straps are included for use over thick wetsuits or dry suits.
The Garmin Descent MK1 Watch face size is 2.0" (51 mm), has a display resolution of 240 x 240 with sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP), scratch resistant sapphire lens and is depth rated to EN13319 standards to 100 metres (330 ft). Other features include custom end-dive timeout, safety stops customisable 3 or 5 minutes, 24-hour countdown no fly time, dive planner based on NDL plus multi-gas deco planner, audible and vibration alert/alarms for ascent rate, PO2, CNS/OUT, NDL, deco and gas switching. Unit measures (W x H x D) 51 mm x 51 mm x 17.8 mm (2" x 2" x 0.7"), the steel with silicone band version weighs 101 g (3.56 oz) and the titanium band model weighs 145 g (5.1 oz). The Garmin Descent MK1 Watch connectivity's are: Bluetooth¦ Smart, ANT+¦, Wi-Fi¦ and it has a built-in memory of 16GB. Descent MK1 comes with an owner's manual.
Garmin Descent Mk1 Dive Computer Features
- Versatile Dive Computer with Surface GPS for Diving Adventures
- Explore Worlds of Adventure, Underwater or Topside
- First Watch-Style Dive Computer to Offer Surface (land or water) GPS Navigation
- Color Mapping, Multisport Features
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Plan Dives Right On-the-Computer
- Use GPS Waypoints to Mark Dive Entry and Exit Points
- Choose Modes for Single & Multiple Gas Dives (including nitrox and trimix), Gauge & Apnea
- Built-In 3-Axis Compass for Navigation Above or Below Waterline
- Computer Activates Automatically Underwater
- Proven Buhlmann ZHL-16c Algorithm
- Configurable Conservatism Settings
- Selectable Tone & Vibration Alerts Keep You Informed & Safe Thru-Out Dive
- Bright 1.2" (30.5 mm) Color Display
- Built-In TOPO Mapping
- Altimeter and Altitude Diving Functions
- Available in 2 Distinctive Styles:
Stainless-Steel Bezel with Silicone Band
Deluxe DLC-Coated Titanium Bezel with Brushed DLC Titanium Bracelet
- High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver Provides Surface Navigation
- Depth, Dive Time, Temperature
- NDL/TTS, Ascent/Descent Rates
- Gas Mix, PO2, N2 Loading
- Decompression Stop Information and More
- Wrist Heart Rate Technology
- Gives Heart Rate Monitoring without Chest Strap
- Note; Heart Rate Information Not Stored or Displayed During Dive
- Custom Settings to Match Experience Level, Overall Fitness and Personal Safety Limits
- Auto Dive Log Stores Reviewable Data Up to 10,000 Dives
- Share Online via Garmin Connect™
- Multiple Preloaded Activity Profiles for All Sports and Adventures:
- Swim, Run, Bike
- Ski, Row, Paddle Board and More
- Internal Lithium-Ion Battery Performance:
- Up to 19-Days in Watch Mode
- 10-Days in Smartwatch Mode
- 40-Hours in Dive Mode
- 20-Hours in GPS Mode (depending on settings).
- Personalise Descent Mk1 with Free Downloads from Garmin Connect IQ Store
- Customise Watch Face, Add Data Fields and Get apps and Widgets to Provide Information At-a-Glance
- For Safety, Connect IQ Functions Not Available While Diving
- Ensure All Dive Capabilities are Functioning as They-Were-Designed
- See Complete Picture of Activities
- Review and Share Even Before You Return to Civilisation
- Customize Watch Face with Photo from Your Mobile Device
- Face Size: 51 mm (2.0")
- Display Resolution: 240 x 240, Sunlight-Visible, Transflective Memory-In-Pixel (MIP)
- Scratch Resistant Sapphire Lens
- Depth Rated to EN13319 Standards to 100 metres (330 ft)
- Custom End-Dive Timeout
- Safety Stops Customisable 3 or 5 Minutes
- 24-Hour Countdown No Fly Time
- Dive Planner Based on NDL Plus Multi-Gas Deco Planner
- Audible and Vibration Alert/Alarms:
- Ascent Rate
- PO2, CNS/OUT, NDL,
- Deco and Gas Switching
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 51 mm x 51 mm x 17.8 mm (2" x 2" x 0.7")
- Steel with Silicone Band Version Weights: 101 g (3.56 oz)
- Titanium Band Version Weight: 145 g (5.1 oz)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth¦ Smart, ANT+¦, Wi-Fi¦
- Built-In Memory of 16GB
- Owner's Manual
What's in the box?
The box contains the Garmin Descent Mk1 multi-activity GPS smartwatch and dive computer in silver and black color with a standard length silicone QuickFit26 wrist band, plus an extra long silicone wrist band for use with thick exposure suits, along with a charging cable and quick start guide. Separately ordered optional Garmin accessories include a mesh top travel case, QuickFit wrist bands, extra charging cable and mains charging adapters.